miércoles, 25 de enero de 2012

LISTENING ACTIVITY – SONG: LA ISLA BONITA BY MADONNA

This exercise allows you to practice your listening skills.  Play the video to listen to the song and complete the spaces with the correct words.  Send your answers through comments.



LA ISLA BONITA BY MADONNA












[Spoken] Como puede ser verdad?

Last night I dreamt of San Pedro,
Just like I'd never gone, I knew the 
.
A young girl with eyes like the desert.
It all seems like 
, not far away.

[Chorus:]
Tropical, the island breeze.
All of 
 wild and free.
This is where I long to be.
La isla bonita.
And when the samba played,
The 
 would set so high,
Ring through my ears and sting my 
,
Your Spanish lullaby.

I fell in love with San Pedro.
Warm wind carried on the 
,
He called to me.
Te dijo te amo.
I prayed that the days would last.
They went so fast.

[Chorus]

I want to be where the 
 warms the sky,
When it's time for siesta
You can watch them go by.
Beautiful 
, no cares in this world.
Where a girl loves a boy,
And a boy loves a girl.

Last night I dreamt of San Pedro.
It all seems like 
, not far away.

[Chorus]

3 comentarios:

  1. Carlo Luigi Marronelunes, 06 febrero, 2012

    Good evening dear students. I have not seen your answers in this comment section.

    What's your perfect place to go on vacation? Madonna is singing about "La Isla Bonita". What beautiful islands are there in Panama to go on vacation?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. ANGIE RAMOS - LEVEL II
    We have beautiful places to go on vacation in Panama.

    There are big resorts like Decameron, Playa Blanca, Sheraton Bijao, Bristol with nice beaches and fun activities but also we have mountain resorts, extrem sports and culture activities.

    Sometimes, I go to "Puerto Frances" at Portobelo because it´s a beautiful place to snorkel, I enjoy it a lot.

    Also I love all inclusive resorts because I don´t have to worrie about almost anything, they have delicius food, sports activities, confortable rooms.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I agree with you. These places are awesome. There are many places where to go in our free time. Panama has a wide range of options.

      Eliminar